19 February 2011

SLAB-o-beer!


Nobody tipped us off of any progress, so we just went to the site and here ya go...Oh it's slabbin all the way baby!!

I don't think the SS is here and I don't think these tradies do care, so I asked the husband if he could get a bit of what they are doing while I take photos of this beautiful slab.

If you were with me, I don't think you will see my excitement coz I was kick'n my feet, wavin my arms, and leanin forward in my bouncy! ^_^


This is Waffle Pods slabs.  The styrofoam works as formwork; better in clay soils as they sit on the ground not in it and the clay is free to expand and contract.  They say foam would last 100 yrs out of the weather!

Laying of concrete underlay and reinforcement in the beams and slabs

Tradie's shoes need cleaning :D

With the boxing in place and the mesh in the trenches, we just need the weather to hold until the concrete is poured!


One week later....

If this slab has any cracks appearing, it's all because it didn't keep it wet enough! But alas, so far so good!

With the boxing off, we can begin a better idea of what will go where...

we tried out the step from the entry porch welcoming our guests!



9 comments:

  1. Wow! So exciting naman yan! Sana nakita ko din yung paglagay ng pod sa slab namin.. =) Galing talaga!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ninerbyos ka ba sa crack? Di ko napansin yun ha =) Check ko nga yung sa amin..

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe oo check mo ung senyo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. na-check ko na... walang crack, hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dalawin na yung frame sa Sabado!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe sige sama kayo ulet! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations.. Looking forward to watching your progress. Won't be long and you will have a frame and roof also... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks Kylie! congratulations on your soon-to-be dream home too! Damian and I always check each other's progress of the house in the ofc. Anth even offered me $100 on the spot if my house gets built first...:D looking forward to your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Told you that your frame and roof would be up in no time!! It's amazing isn't it. Yeah Dame was telling me about the bet.. with all the delays we have been having, I still believe you will win the money. Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete